Re-Elect Klint Kesto – Real Reform/Real Change
I remain committed to promoting a brighter future for Michigan. We have successfully enhanced education reforms and funding, eliminated bureaucratic barriers, and found new ways to save taxpayer dollars in a more effective and efficient manner. Here are some of our top accomplishments to date.
Promoting Better Education
- Increased education funding by $1 billion over the past three years.
- Better prepared Michiganders for the workforce by enhancing vocational education opportunities (House Bill 4465).
Getting Back to Work
- Allowed a greater number of veterans to enter the civilian workforce by waiving certain licensing fees and regulations for veterans (HB 4752, 4754 & 4756).
- Passed reforms to encourage the able-bodied unemployed to seek employment.
- Passed reforms to promote job creation, helping to bring the unemployment rate to its lowest level since 2008.
Protecting Taxpayer Dollars
- Reduced taxes by over $640 million a year so that Michigan’s hard-working families have better control over their future.
- Cut income tax rate from 4.35 percent to 4.25 percent (PA 223 of 2012).
Our state Legislature works hard to protect your rights and opportunities in Michigan.
We have passed reforms to create a healthier environment in Michigan, spur an increase in job creation and boost education funding again. Additionally, foreclosures have declined and more people are not only staying, but returning to Michigan. The economic forecast for Michigan’s future is bright and I am excited to share it with you.
Within this website you will find information on legislation approved by the House of Representatives in the past as well as our goals for the future. I look forward to continuing to serve the district as your state representative and working to improve the quality of life here in Michigan. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any future questions or concerns.